With or without a moving surface, with or without turntable, our wind tunnel is perfectly suited to meeting a wide range of requirements. Aeronautics, automotive, research, sport, wind power, etc. are all sectors of activity whose efficiency of their products can be improved by tests performed in our wind tunnel.
Specifications of our wind tunnel
- Configuration : single return closed-circuit
- Power : 250 kW
- Contraction Ratio : 7
- Speed: from 7 to 40 m/s
- Turbulence Intensity: 0.2% at 40 m/s
- Test Section:
- Length: 4750mm
- Width: 2300mm
- Height: 2050mm
- Type: closed
- Pressure : Scanivalve ZOC ( channels available)
- Smoke visualization
- Oil-flow visualization
- PIV : Possibility to use your own PIV system or external services
Full plane configuration:
- Models: up to 1.5m span
- Pitch, Yaw: integrated in the model
- Take-Off and Landing simulation: Thanks to the 2-stages boundary layer suction, the Rolling Belt(1.5m wide) and the Z-displacement of the strut, we are able to simulate true ground effect during take-off and landing at several altitudes.
- Forces and moments measurement: several 6-components balances.
- Rotating propeller with possibility of torque and thrust measurement.
- Actuated control surfaces during the test to reduce time spent for flight envelope exploration.
Half plane configuration:
- Models: up to 1.5m semi-span
- Pitch: from -30° to 30°
- Boundary layer: 2-stages boundary layer suction in front of the model reducing the height of the boundary layer close to the model, reducing the necessity of using a peniche (still possible if required).
- Forces and moments measurement: 3-components system with the possibility to choose any of the three components range to match your requirements.
- Actuated control surfaces during the tests to reduce time spent for flight envelope exploration.
- Models: up to 60% scale
- Forces and moments measurement: several 6-components balances and 3-components balances for separated measurement (e.g. front and rear wings)
- Rolling belt: up to 40m/s
- Length: 3010mm
- Width: 1500mm
- Temperature regulation
- Model displacement :
- Pitch, Roll motorized (laser controlled)
- Yaw: +/- 6°
- Steer: 7°
- Wheels: attached to the model or to separate struts for individual drag measurement.